Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I can't believe we've been living in the house for over a month and this is my first post.  To give you a little bit of background, Kyle and I bought our first home on April 15th.  It's a four bedroom, two bathroom house in Round Rock, Texas.  I'll be totally honest, there are things about the house that I don't like, but it's slowly growing on me.  I'm SO thankful that we are out of the apartment and finally have a place to call our own.  I don't have a lot of pictures of the house, because it's still pretty empty.  However, here are a few unique things about the house that make it our home.

1) Our vegetable bed.  Kyle built me this vegetable bed and few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it.  I wake up every morning and water the plants before I go to work.  We planted regular tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, red, yellow and green bell peppers, jalapenos and a variety of herbs.  I'm finally starting to see some buds on our jalapeno plants.  I can't wait until they start growing so I can make some jalapeno jelly. 
 2) Our first painting.  We bought this painting a week after we moved in at the Austin Art Festival.  It's called, "The Tree of Life".  We both really loved the artist and hope to purchase more of his work in the future.  Right now it's hanging above our bedroom door, but we might move it somewhere else eventually.
3) A surprise flower in our front yard flower bed.  I'm not a huge fan of our current flower beds.  I came home from work one day and found this beautiful flower.  I was planning on pulling everything out because I thought it was all just weeds.....but I'll let this one stay.
4) Dixie, of course!!!  Dixie now has her very own backyard.  She was skeptical at first, but now she guards the fence like a prison guard.  She's even made a very distinct path around the entire yard where she patrols. 
P.S. Hopefully I'll get around to updating the background soon.  I'm getting kind of tired of Valentine's Day theme myself.

2 comments: